The Italian Chapter of IEEE Magnetics Society wants to reward scientific activity performed by young researchers in the field of magnetism. With this aim, the Chapter presents, for the fifth year, an award addressed to a researcher who has published outstanding research about magnetism and related topics in last years.
Application process and requirements for 2020 award:
- Application is open until 30th September 2020
- members of the IEEE Italy Section and of the IEEE Magnetics Society,
- no older than 40 years old at date of the application,
- üunder-graduate students, PhD students or post-docs.
- Application has to be sent via e-mail to the Chair of the IEEE Magnetics Society – Italy Chapter, prof. G. Finocchio (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The application has to include a detailed CV, including date of birth and information about IEEE membership, and a scientific paper. The paper should be an original research work in the field of magnetism which has been already published during the years 2018-2020 (preference to papers on IEEE Transactions on Magnetics or IEEE Magnetics Letters).
- Applicants will give a seminar about their research within the series of seminars organized by IEEE Magnetics Society – Italy Chapter in the next months (20 October).
- The Commission which will select the 2020 award winner is composed by prof. Zhongming Zeng (Suzhou Institute of Nano-tech and Nano-bionics, China), prof. Ozhan Ozatay (Bogazici University, Turkey), prof. Eduardo Martinez (University of Salamanca, Spain). The Commission will evaluate the applicants, based on a set of criteria, including the CV, the relevance of the work, its scientific impact, the presentation.
- Results of the selection will be communicated to applicants by the 15th of October.
- The award will consist of €500 and a certificate addressed to the researcher.